Getting to know St. Lucia
Saint Lucia the #1 destination for weddings & honeymoons, award winning accommodations & the UNESCO Piton Mountains. Soak up the sun on the crystal-clear beaches during the day and spend your evening tantalizing your taste buds with fine cuisine. With an incredible diverse environment you can enjoys lots of outdoor activities. Take a guided hike on the many trails and be sure to look for the national bird “The Saint Lucia Parrot”. Did you know Saint Lucia has over 20 species of whales & dolphins who can be regularly spotted through out the year.
More about St Lucia
- Language- The official language is English, but Saint Lucians also speak French Creole.
- Airports- Hewanorra International Airport & George F. L. Charles Airport
- Currency- Eastern Caribbean Dollar
- Electricity- 220 Volts, 20 cycles AC (a few hotels have 110 Volts, 60 cycles). Adaptors are generally available at resorts.
Tours & Activities
- Horseback riding
- Canopy tours
- Deep sea fishing
- Bike riding
- Whale & turtle watching
Climate- subtropical cooled by trade winds (June-November with tropical showers)
Average temperatures range from day time highs of 28-31 degrees & lows of 22-25 degrees.
Best time to go is May & June with highs between 70-80’s
Summer months June-Aug temps are in the upper 90’s.
Why visit St Lucia
- Diamond Botanical Gardens (stunning waterfalls)
- Plantations (Soufriere Estate, Morne Coubaril Estate or Fond Doux Estate) all open to the public
- Drive in Volcano (south of Soufriere)
- The Majestic Piton Mountains 3,000 feet above sea level
- Over 19,000 acres of rainforest
- Flavors of the world with a mix of Caribbean, Amerindian, French, Asian & Creole cuisine
- Romantic retreats with exceptional service
- Celebrate Saint Lucia heritage with island music & Friday fish fries
- It’s all about the rum!